Updated November 9th, 2020
Penguins Select Lacrosse is committed to maintaining the health and safety of all players and families. The Penguins Winter Box Sessions will begin at the end of November and will have strict protocols and guidelines that players and families will have to adhere to in order to participate.
- All players will be required to wear masks when participating in Box Lacrosse sessions. This includes entering/exiting the facility and while participating.
- All players will have their temperature taken at the entrance of facility before the start of each practice.
- Parents and players will complete a self-certification at home to ensure that any players exhibiting symptoms must remain home from practice.
- Parents/guardians are NOT allowed to enter the facility during practices. Coaches will greet players at the door and bring them back out at the end of the session.
- Players will arrive fully dressed to participate.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of the session starts to ensure facility is cleared from previous session.
What if Session 1 or 2 gets canceled because the State of Massachusetts goes into a mandated lockdown?
- The current Session will be prorated based on what has taken place and all remaining funds will be pushed to the following Box Session OR Summer 2021.
What happens if the Youth and Amateur Sports Guidelines in Massachussetts change during the season?
- The Penguins program will adhere to state guidelines and work to ensure practices take place under current regulations (i.e. session capacity limits, sanitation procedures)
What happens if a Penguin player who is currently participating in team activities tests positive for COVID?
- Any player who tests positive for COVID must immediately email [email protected] with when the positive test was confirmed and what Penguins practices he participated in 2 weeks prior. All players who came in contact with positive player during the infectious period will be notified. The infectious period is defined as 72 hours prior to symptoms OR a positive test result. Those players effected with be required to quarantine for 14 days or provide a negative test. Test must be taken 48 hours after exposure to account of incubation period.
What happens if a player has come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID that is NOT a Penguins player?
- Email [email protected] and keep player out of activities until a Negative COVID test can be produced. Test must be taken 48 hours after exposure to account of incubation period.